Seven days into 2014 and we’ve already received an award!
Originally drawn as a graduation project, FF Dora was designed by editorial and book designer Slávka Pauliková. It is a strong-willed type family consisting of five styles: Regular, Italic, Bold, Bold Italic and Display. Based on a detailed study of today’s handwriting styles it focuses on transforming handwritten shapes into a serif text typeface.
As a major competition with around 1800 entrants, inclusion is one of the most-coveted awards in the typographic industry. Receiving recognition for one of our fonts in the 2014 Annual is a great way to start the year!
Previous FontFont winners of the Communication Arts Typographic Annual include:
- Felix Braden’s dynamic and lively FF Scuba
- Nina Stössinger’s warm yet serious FF Ernestine
- Mitja Miklavčič’s soft and friendly FF Tisa Sans
- Max Phillips’s elegant workhorse, FF Spinoza
- Jörg Hemker’s matured and balanced, FF Sero
- Łukasz Dziedzic’s sturdy serif superfamily, FF More