Sponsored by Agora Gallery and Everything For Artists, and partnered with the Children’s Heart Foundation, the Chelsea International Fine Art Competition is a renowned contemporary art contest that has been juried by prominent museum curators and experts. This international contemporary art event offers awards, visibility, exposure to the New York art market and participation in a group show.
All media is accepted (painting, sculpture, photography, drawing, mixed media, print, etc.) with the exception of video art, film, performance art, jewelry and crafts.
The competition juror in 2014 is Mr. Carlo McCormick , one of New York’s noted culture critics and curators. A teacher and guest lecturer at universities and colleges across the country, Mr. McCormick has also written many books and catalogs on the subject of contemporary art and artists.
There is a $35 entry fee for up to 5 images; $5 for each additional image. Early Entry fee : complete your entry before February 11 , and you can enter 7 images for the price of 5. Eligibility The Chelsea International Fine Art Competition is open to visual artists above the age of 18 from anywhere in the world at any stage in their careers. Prize Agora Gallery will be distributing the following awards:
• Exhibition – At least 25 artists will be selected to participate in a collective exhibition at Agora Gallery, located at 530 West 25th Street, Chelsea, New York.
• Cash – $1000 will be awarded to three artists; each receiving $500, $300 and $200 respectively. The money comes without strings of any kind attached and can be used for whatever the artists wish.
• Internet Promotion – Twelve artists will be awarded placement of 6 images on well-known online gallery ARTmine for a period of one year, providing valuable online exposure.
• Artist Profile – Three artists will be awarded a one-page review with three color images in ARTisSpectrum Magazine. Ten copies of this professional publication will be mailed to each of the artists to share with interested collectors, clients and art lovers.
Everything For Artists will be distributing the following awards:
• Complete package for your next exhibition – One artist will be awarded a press release, an artist statement, catalogs, invitations, promotional cards and poster – you can use this package for your next exhibition anywhere in the world.
• Portfolio Package – Three artists will be awarded the portfolio package which includes a press release, an artist statement and catalogs.
• Press release – Ten artists will be awarded a press release composed by the talented writers working for Everything for Artists.